Texas Glitter outraced long shot Joe's Son Joey by a head Saturday to win the $75,000 Yankee Affair Stakes at Gulfstream. The race was marred when Kipperscope broke down.
While many Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contenders were in action Saturday in one of the three major prep races, Perfect Drift and Ethan Man simply put in morning works in Louisville.
New York-bred Roman Dancer shipped in from California to race in his home state for the first time in the $150,000 Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct Saturday. Sent off as the 3-1 second choice in the wagering, the bay son of Polish Numbers rallied in the stretch under Kent Desormeaux to earn a 1-3/4 length win over Warners in the seven-furlong race.
James Cassels and Bob Zollars' Private Emblem drew away from the field in the stretch run to win Saturday's $500,000 Arkansas Derby (gr. II) by 4 1/2 lengths at Oaklawn Park.
Eight-year-old gelding Affirmed Success earned his third career grade I win in Saturday's Carter Handicap at Aqueduct.
Harlan's Holiday stalked the early pace then pounced in the stretch to pull clear to a 4 1/2-length win in Saturday's $750,000 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Gary and Mary West's Buddha dueled though the Aqueduct stretch with Medaglia d'Oro and Sunday Break en route to a head-length win in Saturday's exciting renewal of the $750,000 Wood Memorial (gr. I). Under Pat Day, the gray son of Unbridled's Song completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:48.61 on a fast track.
Godolphin's Imperial Gesture upset stablemate Tempera in Saturday's Melbourne Racing Club UAE Oaks at Nad Al Sheba. The 3-year-old daughter of Langfuhr completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:49.61, 3 1/4 lengths ahead of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) winner.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day