French Satin set moderate fractions, then repelled a bid by Ease Ahead and Ciudad de Carson en route to a 1 3/4-length victory in Sunday's $150,000 Florida Oaks (gr. III) at Tampa Bay Downs.
Medaglia d'Oro wins the San Felipe Stakes, shaking up the West Coast 3-year-old scene.
Fourth choice Equality, bred and owned by Josephine Abercrombie's Pin Oak Stud, won the Tampa Bay Derby.
Though the Kentucky Derby future wager closed before Sunday's San Felipe was run, that race's likely favorite, Siphonic, was the favorite when pool two of the wager closed Sunday afternoon.
Both coming off extended layoffs, Mayakovsky outruns Saarland in the Gotham.
A Carson City colt zipped an eighth of a mile in :10 1/5 seconds, turning in the fastest work for that distance Sunday during the under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's March select juvenile auction.
Serena's Tune, the first foal from champion Serena's Song, won the March 16 Victoria Lass Handicap at Fair Grounds in her last start. She will be bred this spring to Storm Cat.
The Maryland Jockey Club reported a combined net income of $1,492,000 for Pimlico Race Course and Laurel Park for 2001, according to audited financial statements filed Friday with the state racing commission.
Amerman Racing Stables' No Slip rallied from last place in a five-horse field to win Saturday's $155,000 Golden Gate Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Golden Gate Fields.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam