The Allen E. Paulson Living Trust's Azeri earned her first grade I stakes win in her fifth career start at Santa Anita Sunday, when the 4-year-old daughter of Jade Hunter won the $300,000 Santa Margarita Invitational Handicap.
Hal's Hope earned his first graded stakes win since the Florida Derby (gr. I) on March 11, 2000, when he went wire-to-wire to win Sunday's $100,000 Crème Fraiche Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park.
Repent gets up to win the grade II Louisiana Derby by a nose over Easyfromthegitgo.
The depleted handicap division may soon receive a boost as last year's 3-year-olds make their way back to the races. Dollar Bill returned at Fair Grounds March 8, winning a contentious allowance heat and Invisible Ink is entered in a seven-furlong allowance race at Gulfstream Park Wednesday. Also at Gulfstream, Outofthebox returned to the work tab Sunday morning.
Lee Lewis' homebred Personal Reward and Shadwell Stable's Monthir were on track Sunday morning in preparation for their respective starts on Saturday's Florida Derby card at Gulfstream Park.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Risen Star Hero Could Be a Local One
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes