Gaye's Locket, a 7-year-old daughter of Ogygian, was purchased by Brereton C. Jones for $55,000 to top Monday's December Mixed Sale conducted by Fasig-Tipton Kentucky.
Robert Decker, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Churchill Downs Inc., and president of the Churchill Downs Simulcast Network, is leaving to pursue other career opportunities, the company announced Dec. 16.
It looks as though the weather might do what Toccet's owner, Dan Borislow, has been unable to, and that is to eliminate the Frank Stronach-owned and Bobby Frankel-trained Ghostzapper from the competition in Saturday's Hollywood Futurity.
Sheikh Mohammed's hard-hitting speech at the Gimcrack dinner at York Racecourse, England, on December 10 was broadly welcomed by those in British racing.
Sheikh Mohammed's involvement in Japanese racing is to be stepped up next year, with six 2-year-old colts set to race for Darley Japan, probably based at Funabashi Racecourse.
For the third consecutive year, a member of the Danehill line brought a record-breaking price on Friday at the Hong Kong International Sale.
Citing delay in organizational restructuring, the racing director of the British Horseracing Board resigned one year after taking up his post.
Holy Class, a yearling filly by Holy Bull, brought the top price of $30,000 Sunday at the Fasig-Tipton Texas mixed sale at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie. Doyce and Shirley Ellenburg bought her from B.L. Littleton, who was conducting a dispersal.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- Curalina, Syndergaard Breeze at Belmont
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Strong Buyer Traffic on Eve of October Sale
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome