If past history is any indication, Timeform might be considered a good bet to have a date in next year's Queen's Plate.
Jockey Chantal Sutherland guided Lucky Molar to victory in Woodbine's $147,000 Valedictory Stakes at 1 3/4 mile Sunday.
Dress To Thrill rebounds from an uncharacteristic effort in the NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile to win the Matriarch over Golden Apples.
Despite an erratic stretch run, Along Came Mary won the $82,550 Montauk Handicap by 2 1/2 lengths on a cold Sunday afternoon at Aqueduct.
Due to adverse weather affecting the track conditions, the remainder of the 2002 Thoroughbred season has been canceled. The races were called after the fourth on the Nov. 30 program. The cancellation will also affect the final racing card for Sunday, Dec. 1.
Live racing at Turf Paradise was canceled Sunday due to "unsafe track conditions."
Trainer Bobby Frankel said that he scratched Tates Creek from the $500,000 Matriarch Stakes Sunday after she "tied up" in the morning.
Texas Glitter, a 6-year-old horse who posted the richest victory of his career in the $200,000 Hollywood Turf Express Handicap (gr. III) Friday, will be flown to Hong Kong Tuesday to conclude his career in the Hong Kong Sprint Dec. 15.
Apprentice jockey John McKee broke Steve Cauthen's 1976 record for victories by an apprentice rider in the Fall Meet at Churchill Downs.
Leading Maryland sire Polish Numbers, who stood his entire career at Northview Stallion Station near Chesapeake City, shattered his tibia in a paddock accident on Friday and had to be euthanized.
Milton J. "Laddie" Dance, who raced champion and millionaire Lemon Drop Kid with wife Jeanne Vance, died Nov. 28
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Page McKenney Does it Again at Laurel Park
- First Foal Arrives for Gainesway's Karakontie
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner