The Keeneland November breeding stock sale got off to an encouraging start in Central Kentucky on Monday, selling more horses and increasing its gross revenue from the previous year while suffering only minor setbacks for its average and median prices.
Keeneland was buzzing about the first weanlings from Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus and European Horse of the Year Giant's Causeway. But a veteran stallion was in the spotlight Monday during the first session of the November breeding stock sale.
Observations of buyers and sellers at Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale.
- By Ron Mitchell
Champion grass mare Fiji was purchased by Betty Moran's Brushwood Stable for $3.1-million to top Monday's opening session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale.
The Wagering Technology working group formed by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association met for the first time Nov. 4. In addition, more members were named.
After an acrimonious two years of fighting over dates, New Jersey horsemen and the quasi-state agency that runs Monmouth Park and Meadowlands are in the process of hammering out a deal that would reduce the number of live Thoroughbred dates in 2003 in order to maintain or improve the quality of the product.
Pensioned broodmare Country Queen, a former claimer who developed into one of the top grass mares in the late 1970s and in 1980, was euthanized Nov. 3 at Kim and Rodney Nardelli's Springwood near Lexington because of the infirmities of old age
Dove Hunt, a five-time graded stakes winner, has been relocated from William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., to Lane's End Texas near Hempstead
Grade II winner Duality has been sold to the Korean Racing Association for stallion duty
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Knee Chip Knocks El Areeb Off Derby Trail
- Sheikh Mohammed 'Definitely' Plans to Hike DWC Purse
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Suffolk Downs Sale Approved by Gaming Commission
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Taghleeb Looks For Third Straight Win in Pan American
- Churchill Downs Inc. Rejoins NTRA
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight