Churchill Downs established a record for total wagering in the 30-day Fall Meet that ended on Nov. 30, but also suffered declines in average daily on-track wagering and attendance.
Congaree puts in an "awesome" performance in winning the Cigar Mile.
A foal from Giant's Causeway's first-crop again provided the highlight at Saturday's final session of the Tattersalls December Foal Sales in Newmarket, England when Coolmore principal John Magnier signaled the successful 400,000 guineas bid for an easy-moving filly produced from the Dancing Brave mare Soha.
Sweettrickydancer notched her third consecutive turf victory by winning the $100,000 Hollywood Wildcat Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Calder Race Course on Saturday.
Calder-based Millennium Storm, trained by Bill White, led a field of 12 2-year-olds from start to finish in the $100,000 Mecke Stakes on his home turf Saturday.
Edmund A. Gann's Peace Rules, with Victor Espinoza aboard, scored an easy front-running victory in Hollywood Park's Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-olds at a mile on the turf Saturday.
Heavily-favored My Boston Gal remained undefeated Saturday, displaying an explosive stretch run to post a 3 1/4-length win over Holiday Lady in Churchill Downs' $219,600 Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 mile.
Daniel Borislew's gritty Toccet posted a 2 1/2-length victory over Bham in Aqueduct's Remsen Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at 1 1/8 mile Saturday.
Joseph Allen's Roar Emotion and jockey John Velazquez dictated the pace and went on to an easy two-length victory over Savedbythelight in Aqueduct's $200,000 Demoiselle Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at 1 1/8 mile Saturday.
Roy K. Monroe, whose Tejano Run finished second in the 1995 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), will relocate the 10-year-old son of Tejano to his newly established Starlex Farm near Versailles, Ky.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win