Records were established for gross revenue, average price, and highest price for an individual horse Monday during the Tattersalls yearling sale in England.
Invitations were extended Monday, Nov. 25, to the connections of the 84 ranked horses in the NTRA Great State Challenge. The NTRA Great State Challenge, presented by John Deere and Fed Ex and to be held at Sam Houston Race Park on Dec. 7, is comprised of six races, each worth $275,000 and boasting full fields representing some of the finest state-bred runners in America.
Bloodstock agent Bob Cromartie has purchased 260 acres of the former Silverleaf Farm near Orange Lake, Fla., from SLF Partners, the investment group that owns the nursery.
No one in Kentucky knows exactly how many horses or farms make up what is now the state's number one agricultural industry, but the Kentucky Department of Agriculture, in partnership with some of the state's equine leaders, hopes to change that.
Crafty Shaw, winner of the Schaefer Mile at Hoosier Park in his most recent outing, tuned up for a run in the $400,000-added Clark Handicap (gr. I) with a sizzling workout on Monday at Churchill Downs.
Officials of Goffs Ireland were delighted with the results of their foal and mare sales. The six-day run of auctions ended on Sunday with increases all round in turnover (+11.%), average (+8.4%), and median (+10%), though there were still plenty who failed to sell.
The Meadowlands Racetrack posted across-the-board losses for the 62-day 2002 Thoroughbred meet, which ended on Saturday night.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Unbridled Unleashed
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby