Sunday at Belmont Park
Lexicon assumed the lead from the gate and held off Swept Overboard and two others to win Saturday's $142,500 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. III) for the second consecutive year.
English group III stakes winner Generous Rosi earned his first American stakes win in Saturday's $82,500 Turfway Park Fall Championship Stakes (gr. III).
Jockey Shane Sellers won two races at Arlington Park Saturday, including the featured Spectacular Bid Stakes, then announced he was ending his comeback bid.
Xtra Heat earned her 16th win in her 19th career start, leading all the way to win the $150,000 Endine Stakes (gr. III) at Delaware Park Saturday.
- By Tom Precious
The chairman of the New York Racing Association said Saturday he would welcome video lottery terminals at Aqueduct Raceway, but insists the state's ailing Standardbred tracks should also be included in any VLT proposal now being eyed by state officials.
After finishing on the board in a graded stakes in each of her last three starts, Exogenous made it to the Belmont Park winner's circle Saturday after upsetting the field of 3-year-old fillies in the $250,000 Gazelle Handicap (gr. I) to earn her first career stakes win.
When the Keeneland September yearling sale starts its 13-day run on Monday, everyone will be anxious to see what effect the struggling American stock market and economic woes overseas will have on the largest auction for young Thoroughbreds in the world.
Godolphin's Fantastic Light avenged his defeat at the hands of 3-year-old sensation Galileo in July's King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Diamond Stakes (Eng-I) with a thrilling head-length decision over that rival in Saturday's Irish Champion Stakes (Ire-I) at Leopardstown.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver