Breeders' Cup has officially mapped out a provisional schedule of host sites for the World Thoroughbred Championships through 2005, though racetrack selection is contingent upon many factors. Two tracks -- Arlington Park and Lone Star Park -- would be first-time host sites.
While mare reproductive loss syndrome has had a devastating effect on in-foal mares in 2001, a just-released study indicates it had no affect on the growth rate of foals of 2000 and 2001 raised on Central Kentucky farms and foals of 2001.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Kentucky Racing Commission approved its new drug-testing contract Monday and also formed a committee to help facilitate recommendations contained in a comprehensive report issued by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Racing Integrity and Drug Testing Task Force.
Powered by big-spending Maktoum family from Dubai, the Keeneland September yearling sale blasted off like a rocket on Sept. 10. The first of the auction's two select sessions established opening day records for average price and median. In addition, the second-most-expensive horse in the auction's history, a $5.5- million Storm Cat colt, was sold.
Millionaire Vision and Verse, who ran second in the Belmont (gr. I) and Travers (gr. I) Stakes, will enter stud for $7,500 live foal in 2002 at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- What's Going On Here: Truly Charismatic
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory