Juddmonte Farms' homebred Marine won the $150,000 La Jolla Stakes (gr. IIIT) under jockey Corey Nakatani, with the winner completing the 1 1/16 miles in 1:41.72 on the firm turf course at Del Mar.
Carl F. Pollard's Caressing beat Gal on the Go by a length Saturday to win the $125,000 Singapore Plate (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
Disqualified after winning his first grade I race at Monmouth Park last month, With Anticipation came right back in Saturday's $500,000 Sword Dancer Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) at Saratoga, defeating King Cugat by three-quarters of a length.
Pharmstar, making the second start of her career, beat Blissful Kiss by 4 3/4 lengths Saturday in the fillies' Desert Vixen division of the $75,000 Florida Stallion Stakes for 2-year-olds at Calder. O'Rocky and Carey's Gold won their respective races in the split open division, named the Dr. Fager Stallion Stakes.
Northern California-based owner Barton Heller, whose Dixie Dot Com is preparing to run in the Pacific Classic (gr. I), died of a heart attack Friday morning at Stanford Hospital prior to minor surgery. A memorial service will be held at Golden Gate Fields on Monday.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Survives Diana Inquiry
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego