Juddmonte Farms' homebred Marine won the $150,000 La Jolla Stakes (gr. IIIT) under jockey Corey Nakatani, with the winner completing the 1 1/16 miles in 1:41.72 on the firm turf course at Del Mar.
Carl F. Pollard's Caressing beat Gal on the Go by a length Saturday to win the $125,000 Singapore Plate (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
Disqualified after winning his first grade I race at Monmouth Park last month, With Anticipation came right back in Saturday's $500,000 Sword Dancer Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) at Saratoga, defeating King Cugat by three-quarters of a length.
Pharmstar, making the second start of her career, beat Blissful Kiss by 4 3/4 lengths Saturday in the fillies' Desert Vixen division of the $75,000 Florida Stallion Stakes for 2-year-olds at Calder. O'Rocky and Carey's Gold won their respective races in the split open division, named the Dr. Fager Stallion Stakes.
Northern California-based owner Barton Heller, whose Dixie Dot Com is preparing to run in the Pacific Classic (gr. I), died of a heart attack Friday morning at Stanford Hospital prior to minor surgery. A memorial service will be held at Golden Gate Fields on Monday.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West at Barretts
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely