Sunday at Rockingham Park
A rash of longshot winners at Del Mar Saturday created a pick six carryover of $219,478 heading into Sunday's card at the seaside track. The carryover marks the third straight Saturday the pick six has not been hit at a Southern California track.
Red Baron's Barn LLC's Janet utilized a ground-saving trip under jockey David Flores to earn a half-length win over 3-5 favorite Tranquility Lake in Saturday's $400,000 Ramona Handicap (gr. IT) at Del Mar.
Morton Fink's Guided Tour tracked Duckhorn through the early going before reeling in the leader with just over a quarter-mile to run en route to winning Saturday's $400,000 Washington Park Handicap (gr. II) at Arlington Park.
After 4-5 favorite Starrer unseated jockey Chris McCarron just after the start, 11-1 Tweedside went on to win Saturday's $350,000 Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I), giving sire Thunder Gulch a sweep of Belmont Park's 1 1/2-mile main track stakes races for 3-year-olds. McCarron was uninjured in the mishap.
Longshot Zonk rallied from just off the pace to upset Saturday's $261,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. III) at odds of nearly 30-1 in the 1 1/16-mile race for 3-year-old fillies at Delaware Park. Earlier on the card, Broken Vow earned a one-length win in the $97,000 R.R.M. Carpenter Jr. Memorial Stakes and Amourette upset 21-10 favorite Aiglonne in the $154,500 Robert G. Dick Memorial Breeders' Cup Stakes.
Tiznow clocked a sharp :48.60 for four furlongs Friday morning over Del Mar's main track in his preparation that trainer Jay Robbins hopes will lead to a run in the Del Mar Breeders' Cup Handicap at a mile on Sunday, September 2.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York