Gary A. Tanaka's Gourmet Girl led from wire-to-wire in Saturday's Vanity Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park to earn her second grade I win of the year and her third career grade I victory.
Kept close to a moderate pace by jockey Mark Guidry, Baptize rallied while three wide en route to a 2 1/4-length victory over Indygo Shiner in Saturday's $200,000 Arlington Classic (gr. IIT) at Arlington Park.
Trainer Rick Violette added blinkers to March Magic for Saturday's $300,000 Molly Pitcher Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) and the 4-year-old filly responded by winning the 1 1/16-mile Monmouth Park feature by three lengths. The race was marred by the break down of 3-5 favorite License Fee.
Ashland Stakes (gr. I) winner Fleet Renee, who subsequently disappointed as the favorite in the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), made amends for her Oaks performance with a 5 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $250,000 Mother Goose Stakes at Belmont Park.
Nine-year-old Bet On Sunshine won the $108,400 Aristides Handicap for the second consecutive year on Saturday, and for the second straight year the Paul McGee-trained gelding set a stakes record in winning the 6 1/2-furlong Churchill Downs contest. On a fast track, Bet On Sunshine stopped the timer in 1:14.79, finishing 3 1/2 lengths ahead of Alannan.
S.J. Bee Stable's Buster's Daydream reprised his success in the Flash Stakes (gr. III) with a 1 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $106,300 Tremont Stakes (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment