Saturday at Churchill Downs
Until Sundown held off Top Hit in the stretch to earn a neck-length victory in Sunday's $100,000 Affirmed Handicap. The win marks the first graded stakes victory for both Until Sundown and trainer Laura De Seroux.
Russell Baze moved into fourth place on the career victory list for jockeys Saturday. On Sunday, two-time Eclipse Award-winning jockey Mike Smith earned his 4,000th career victory by guiding Lift Off to victory in the last race on the card Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Tweedside drew away to a six-length win in the $107,800 Sands Point Stakes at Belmont Park Sunday as favored Platinum Tiara finished third.
A lone bettor at Churchill Downs hit the all-stakes Pick Four wager offered by the track on Saturday, resulting in a payout of $118,097.10.
Harold Queen's Burning Roma tracked pacesetter Junior Deputy early on and then drew off to a 9 3/4-length win in Sunday's $200,000 Leonard Richard Stakes at Delaware Park.
Paolini dueled with Ela Athena in the final furlong en route to winning Sunday's Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I).
England's four-day Royal Ascot meeting begins today, with a clash of Two Thousand Guineas winners on tap in the opening day feature, the St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng-I).
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Nyquist to Work in Afternoon at Santa Anita