What may have been Hialeah Park's last live meet was reportedly its best ever.
One of the most exciting weekends on the New York Racing Association schedule is the upcoming Memorial Day weekend.
Here is what is known, observed, and postulated so far about Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome.
Chris McCarron is back on the Triple Crown trail after being named to ride Balto Star in the Belmont Stakes.
Breeders' Cup officials visited Arlington Park Tuesday to examine the facility as possible host site for the 2002 Breeders' Cup championship day.
Youbet.com just completed its busiest week ever. The Preakness Stakes (gr. I) and a handicapping contest held in conjunction with the Daily Racing Form attracted $2.6 million in online wagers for the week ending May 19.
Twenty-seven horses passed the second forfeit stage today for the June 9 Epsom Derby (Eng-I), the same day as the Belmont Stakes (gr. I). A supplementary entry stage has a deadline of June 2.
Millionaire Mr Purple, who has suffered from fertility problems since he was retired to stud, was represented by his first stakes winner May 21.
Discussions of results obtained to date by several scientists and consultants working on the investigation into the cause of Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome (MRLS) on Monday have caused the investigation to shift to a more thorough examination of the potential role of the Eastern Tent Caterpillar (ETC) in MRLS.
The doors closed Tuesday on Hialeah Park's 75th -- and possibly its last – live racing meet. With legislation set to take effect on June 30 that discontinues the historic track's exclusive hold on spring racing dates, even the normally optimistic chairman of the board John J. Brunetti was forced to admit the likelihood that Hialeah has hosted its last live race. "By now you have heard that Hialeah Park will probably end its racing career with our last racing day, May 22," he wrote in an open letter printed in the track program, "This is sad, but true."
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned