Sunday at Delaware Park
A possible showdown between the two most recent Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) winners will not take place in the $250,000 Falls City Handicap (gr. III) on Thanksgiving at Churchill Downs as 2000 winner Spain will be pointed toward the $150,000 Bayakoa (gr. II) on Dec. 15 at Hollywood Park.
Galic Boy, the Hawthorne course-record holder at about 1 1/16 miles on turf, upset 13-10 favorite Where's Taylor to earn his first career graded stakes win in Saturday's $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) at the Chicago-area track.
Nasty Storm was scheduled to sell at the Keeneland November mixed sale Tuesday, Nov. 6. However, her win in the grade II $222,200 Churchill Downs Distaff Nov. 3 left her connections with a bad case of pre-sale remorse.
If you were looking for some sense of normalcy in New York following the wild and woolly Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, you were in for a rude awakening.
With a statewide industry fully galvanized by the latest exploits of Tiznow, Oak Tree trotted out California Cup XII on Nov. 3, a $1.275-million stakes feast for the Golden State's finest, and the dream year of trainer John Dolan kept right on rolling when Irisheyesareflying turned in the race of his career in the day's key event, the $250,000 Wells Fargo Bank California Cup Classic Handicap.
Kirk and Judy Robison's I Love Silver rallied from last place to win Friday's $75,300 Skywalker Handicap at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting by two lengths over Bosque Redondo. Millennium Wind, the 17-10 favorite, was never a factor in finishing last in his first outing since the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic