Sunday at Delaware Park
A possible showdown between the two most recent Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) winners will not take place in the $250,000 Falls City Handicap (gr. III) on Thanksgiving at Churchill Downs as 2000 winner Spain will be pointed toward the $150,000 Bayakoa (gr. II) on Dec. 15 at Hollywood Park.
Galic Boy, the Hawthorne course-record holder at about 1 1/16 miles on turf, upset 13-10 favorite Where's Taylor to earn his first career graded stakes win in Saturday's $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) at the Chicago-area track.
Nasty Storm was scheduled to sell at the Keeneland November mixed sale Tuesday, Nov. 6. However, her win in the grade II $222,200 Churchill Downs Distaff Nov. 3 left her connections with a bad case of pre-sale remorse.
If you were looking for some sense of normalcy in New York following the wild and woolly Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, you were in for a rude awakening.
With a statewide industry fully galvanized by the latest exploits of Tiznow, Oak Tree trotted out California Cup XII on Nov. 3, a $1.275-million stakes feast for the Golden State's finest, and the dream year of trainer John Dolan kept right on rolling when Irisheyesareflying turned in the race of his career in the day's key event, the $250,000 Wells Fargo Bank California Cup Classic Handicap.
Kirk and Judy Robison's I Love Silver rallied from last place to win Friday's $75,300 Skywalker Handicap at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting by two lengths over Bosque Redondo. Millennium Wind, the 17-10 favorite, was never a factor in finishing last in his first outing since the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate Arrives at Gulfstream Park
- Smith Eagerly Awaits 'Chrome'-Arrogate Rematch
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Pegasus Features Several Unique Conditions
- Sovereign Awards Finalists Announced
- Lea Gets Bay Filly as First Foal
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown