Atelier, a solid fourth last out in the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I), will carry high weight into the grade II, $150,000 Top Flight Handicap Friday at Aqueduct. A good field of nine will face the starter.
Racing secretary Bob Umphrey reports that leading jockeys Jerry Bailey, Pat Day, and Jorge Chavez have committed to ride at Calder Race Course on Dec. 8, Grand Slam I Day, a program that will have four stakes races worth $100,000 each.
Coolmore stallion Entrepreneur will stand in 2002 at Suwa Farm near Aomori on the northern part of Japan's main island, Honshu.
AmericaTab, an online wagering company owned by two Ohio racetracks -- Beulah Park and River Downs -- has added Northfield Park to its stable. The northern Ohio harness track has been approved as an equity partner in AmericaTab by the Oregon Racing Commission.
A rare meeting of three Breeders' Cup winners--including a rematch of the last two winners of the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I)--headlines one of the most memorable renewals of Churchill Downs' $250,000 Falls City Handicap (gr. III) on Thursday.
California trainer Roger Stein, whose long-running Thoroughbred racing radio show was removed from the air six weeks ago, will resurface Sat., Nov. 24, on KPLS, 830 on the AM dial, at 8 a.m. Pacific Time.
California Horse Racing Board officials are refusing to discuss a federal judge's decision to dismiss the board's case against trainer Bob Baffert in regard to a positive test for morphine in one of his horses last year.
Canadian trainer Joe Attard died Nov. 20 at a Toronto hospital from cancer
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf Berth for Birdie Gold
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory