Multiple grade I winner Manndar is recovering following surgery Monday to repair a fractured sesamoid in his left fore, trainer Beau Greely reported Thursday.
Caller One suffered a slight injury while finishing sixth in Saturday's Frank De Francis Memorial Dash (gr. I) won by Delaware Township, trainer Jim Chapman said. Meanwhile, trainer Bobby Frankel feels Delaware Township's win over several of Squirtle Squirt's Eclipse Award rivals in the De Francis Dash makes his 3-year-old a cinch for the honors.
Tiznow, whose victory in the 2001 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) for the second consecutive year placed him solidly in the running for a another Horse of the Year title, will stand at Bill Casner and Kenny Troutt's WinStar Farm near Versailles, Ky.
New Farm earned its second graded stakes win as an owner this weekend when homebred Forest Heiress pulled away in the stretch to win the six-furlong, $80,775 Valley Stream Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct Sunday. On Saturday, New Farm's Delaware Township reeled of a victory in the Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Stakes (gr. I) at Laurel Park. Ben Perkins Jr. trains both horses.
Graded stakes winner Hesabull, who ran second in the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), was represented by his first winner when his daughter Taurus Moon won Nov. 9 at Calder Race Course
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park