Northern Quest rallied from last to win the $250,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) by 1 1/2 lengths Monday at Del Mar. Under jockey Chris McCarron, Northern Quest completed the 1 3/8 miles in stakes-record time of 2:12.65, just 1/5 of a second off the track record.
Megans Bluff became the second graded stakes winner of the day bred by Kevin G. Pipes when the 3-year-old daughter of Pine Bluff just held on to win the $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III) by a neck Monday at Arlington International. Earlier in the day at Philadelphia Park, Pine Dance, a 3-year-old son of Pine Bluff bred by Pipes, earned a three-length win in the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. III).
Pine Dance rallied from next-to-last to win the $300,000 Pennsylvania Derby (gr. III) by three lengths while making his dirt track racing debut on a sloppy track Monday at Philadelphia Park.
Perfect Sting remained perfect on the year as she edged to the lead in the stretch to win the $500,000 Diana Handicap (gr. IIT) by 3/4 lengths Monday at Saratoga.
Wednesday at Arlington International
Under rainy conditions, Philip Johnson trainee Storm Dream drew off to a 5 1/2 length win in the $140,000 Boiling Springs Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) Monday at Meadowlands.
Morton Fink's Guided Tour stalked the early leaders and then rallied while three wide to win the $150,000 Hall of Fame Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) by 5 1/4 lengths Monday at Thistledown.
The developer of a proposed second horse racing track in Indiana has filed a petition with the state racing commission seeking reconsideration of his license rejection.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Revolutionary Equine Waste Recycling System
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31