El Corredor won his stakes debut Sunday at Del Mar, winning the $245,600 Del Mar Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) by 2 1/2 lengths over Cliquot.
Fly To The Stars led by two lengths into the stretch but could not resist the late charge of Indian Lodge, who sprinted away to a two-length win in the Emirates Prix du Moulin de Longchamp (Fr-I) Sunday at Longchamp.
Mrs. John Magnier's Sequoyah swept past La Vida Loca to take the lead with just over a furlong to run en route to a 2 1/2-length victory over Hotelgenie Dot Com in Sunday's Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh.
Stall Blankenese's BMW 130 Deutsches Derby (Ger-I) winner Samum took the lead after 1 1/4 miles and then held Catella, Fruits of Love, and Daliapour -- the second-, third- and fourth-place finishers, respectively -- at bay to win the Mercedes Benz Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) by 2 1/2 lengths Sunday at Baden Baden, Germany.
Monday at Ellis Park
Michael Paulson and Edward White's Rob's Spirit held off the late charge of Whata Brainstorm to narrowly win the $113,800 Saranac Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sunday at Saratoga. The top two finishers continue the legacies of two of the sport's premier breeders. Rob's Spirit was bred by the late Allen Paulson; Whata Brainstorm by the late Fred Hooper.
Trainer Bobby Frankel has confirmed that Arlington Million (gr. I) winner Chester House has been retired from racing as the result of an undisclosed injury.
Seeking It All, who finished third in the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga on Friday, will be sidelined indefinitely with a broken bone in her right front foot.
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Thoroughbred Racing, Thoroughbred Breeding, Handicapping, International, Breeders' Cup
The Racing Post reports that the Aga Khan's Sendawar has been retired from racing and that Montjeu has suffered a "training setback" and may miss his scheduled start in Saturday's Irish Champion Stakes (Ire-I). According to the Post, Giant's Causeway may now substitute for Montjeu in the Irish race.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Potemkin Heads Wide-Open Test at Munich
- NBC Plans Live Coverage of Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Roly Poly, Persuasive tackle Qemah in Prix Rothschild
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- A Day in the Life: Broodmare of the Year Leslie's Lady
- Irish Strait Sentimental Choice in Monmouth S.
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner