The Internet Gambling Prohibition Act could be on the House floor soon, but then again ...
By Steve Haskin -- The latest wave of Breeders' Cup preps has hit the shore, leaving us with horses who are either one race away from the big day at Churchill Downs or going straight there off works. As of now, it looks as if there are going to be quite a few fresh horses heading to Kentucky.
Continued from part 1
Giant's Causeway, the son of Storm Cat who was upset Saturday in his bid for six consecutive group I victories, reportedly will enter stud at Coolmore in Ireland next year.
Jeepster had help in providing a third straight Olympic gold medal for Australia's Equestrian team in the three-day event. Yet the failed Thoroughbred upstaged his more vaunted equine team members to be an unlikely hero for Stuart Tinney, who had narrowly missed selection on the winning team at Barcelona.
Racing and breeding news and information.
The California Horse Racing Board approved a plan allowing jockeys and horses to ride with advertising on their silks and saddlecloths.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified
Most Popular Profiles
Trainer: Steven M. Asmussen
Owner: Stonestreet Stables, McCormick, Harold
Jockey: Calvin H. Borel
Trainer: Bob Baffert
Owner: Zayat Stables, LLC, Moreno, Mike and Moreno, Tiffany
Jockey: Mike E. Smith
Trainer: Art Sherman
Owner: Coburn, Steven and Martin, Perry
Jockey: Victor Espinoza
Trainer: Eric J. Guillot
Owner: Southern Equine Stable LLC
Jockey: Cornelio H. Velasquez
Trainer: J. Keith Desormeaux
Owner: Brehm, Erich, Detmar, Wayne, Michaels, Lee, Desormeaux, J. Keith et al.
Jockey: Kent J. Desormeaux