The West Virginia Lottery Commission granted 500 more slot machines to Penn National Gaming, which will install the machines at Charles Town Races.
Keeneland's second online auction of yearlings will offer 95 horses, or 27% more than the first online session Sept. 16. The online sale is for horses that didn't bring their reserve prices during the ongoing live auction.
Trainer Neil Drysdale told callers on a national media teleconference Tuesday that Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus was a "strong possibility" for Saturday's one-mile Jerome Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park.
The National Jockey Club, which last year converted Sportsman's Park to a dual purpose horse racing-automobile racing track, planned to announce Tuesday a two-year, multi-million dollar improvement plan.
Guttural pouch empyema involves pus in the guttural pouches, which usually results from upper respiratory tract infection. It also can develop as a complication of guttural pouch diseases, local treatment with irritating drugs, or birth defects.
The driving idea behind pin firing is that it makes chronic inflammations acute and allows them to heal.
By P. Headley Bell -- This is not the '80s, no matter how scary it feels.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Sheikh Mohammed of Dubai has been a major market influence since his first purchase at a North American yearling sale 20 years ago.
Depending upon the weather and the colt's condition following a workout Sunday, Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus could return to competition Saturday in the Jerome Handicap (gr. I), a one-mile race for 3-year-olds.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night