Wednesday at Del Mar
A special committee will decide which New York City Off-Track Betting suitors can formally bid to purchase the OTB franchise. New York City Mayor Rudolph Guliani is expected to appoint the committee by the end of the week.
Breeding and race-related news.
Boosted by competitive bidding between Sheikh Mohammed, Coolmore Stud interests, and clients of trainer D. Wayne Lukas, the second session of Keeneland's fall yearling sale soared to record levels Tuesday, primarily on the strength of horses consigned by William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm. Among the highlights were the sale of a Storm Cat colt for $6.8 million--the highest price paid for a yearling sold at auction in North America since 1985--and two apparent world record prices for yearling fillies.
Hip-by-hip results, live coverage.
Richter Scale arrived at Wafare Farm near Midway, Ky., on Sept. 10, having been retired due to a tendon injury.
An amendment to Pennsylvania House Bill 590 could legalize transportation of horses to slaughter that are sick, pregnant, and unable to stand on four legs, among other controversial specifications.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud