Juddmonte Farms' homebred 4-year-old colt Skimming, saved ground along the inside on the way to an eight-length wire-to-wire victory in the $250,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. III) Sunday at Del Mar.
Diamond A Racing's Reciclada led the field on a chase around Monmouth Park's turf track, leading at every call on the way to a two-length win over Mumtaz in Sunday's $100,000 Eatontown Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Dixie Union swept by Captain Steve, Thistyranthasclass, and More Than Ready inside the final furlong, and held off the late run of Milwaukee Brew to win the $1-million Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I) Sunday at Monmouth Park. Captain Steve finished 3/4 lengths back in second, a head in front of Milwaukee Brew.
Jeanne Vance's Lemon Drop Kid won his third consecutive race since adding blinkers after a third-place finish in the Pimlico Special (gr. I), winning the $1,042,000 Whitney Handicap (gr. I) by two lengths over Cat Thief Sunday at Saratoga.
Bold Edge earned his first group I win Sunday, edging out Lend A Hand by a neck in the Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) at Deauville, France.
- By Tom LaMarra
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association will begin to compile information concerning a possible move of its national office to Lexington, Ky., perhaps in 2002. The office currently is located in south Florida
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic