Racing and breeding news briefs.
Michael Tabor and Mrs. John Magnier’s Giant’s Causeway won a duel with the Aga Khan’s Kalanisi to win the Juddmonte International Stakes (Eng-I) at York, England, on Tuesday.
Dogwood Stables' multiple grade III winner Early Warning has been sold to Prince Miteb bin Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, and will be shipped to that country to campaign in distance races
A new insecticide is touted as controlling horn, stable, deer, and horse flies at a fairly high rate for up to two or more weeks with one application, based on efficacy control information.
A study demonstrates that echinacea acts as an immuno-stimulant and a hematinic agent in horses, providing a unique scientific rationale for feeding this popular herb as a supplement to both improved immune function and overall blood quality.
Opposition to a bill that would unionize backstretch workers in California is growing as it makes its way through the state Senate.
By Dan Liebman -- Now that things in the Thoroughbred market have been spiraling up again in dramatic fashion, it is only natural to begin wondering what the future holds.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- From New York to California and most places in between, state governments -- with few exceptions -- have not been very good friends or partners to racing.
Stablemates General Challenge and River Keen, the respective first- and second-place finishers in last year’s Pacific Classic (gr. I), indicated their readiness for this Saturday’s renewal of the $1-million race with workouts at Del Mar Monday.
Impeachment and Postponed worked at Saratoga Tuesday in preparation for Saturday’s $1-million Travers Stakes.
A record price of $335,000 for a yearling sold by the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company was set Monday when Aaron and Marie Jones went to that price to acquire a Storm Creek colt from the Mockingbird Farm consignment.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Champagne Room Earns Toast as Champion 2-Year-Old Filly
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- Big-Race Drefong Named Champion Male Sprinter