Gaviola made it five wins in a row with a clear-cut victory in Monday’s Lake Placid Handicap (gr. IIT) at Saratoga.
A 2-year-old filly died after severing an artery in a starting gate accident at Saratoga Race Course on Monday.
- By Tom LaMarra
The board of directors of the Association of Racing Commissioners International will meet in September to discuss a proposed revision of president Tony Chamblin’s contract, which apparently has become a bone of contention among the membership once again.
Harry Oppenheimer, former head of the world’s leading diamond and gold mining operations and South Africa’s best-known Thoroughbred breeder and owner, died Aug. 19 in Johannsburg. He was 91.
Blushing K. D., whose victory in the 1997 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) ensured a measure of fame for owners James and Sue Burns, died on Aug. 5 at Dr. Bruce Lyle’s clinic near Aubrey, Texas, two days after colic surgery.
We are pleased to announce the birth of bloodhorse.com. bloodhorse.com represents the fourth-generation Thoroughbred
racing and breeding web site published by The Blood-Horse, Inc. in nearly five years.
Todd Pletcher trainees Left Bank and More Than Ready worked four furlongs together at Saratoga Sunday morning as they continued to prepare for Saturday’s King’s Bishop Stakes (gr. I).
Likely Travers Stakes (gr. I) starters Albert the Great, Impeachment, and Milwaukee Brew were in action at Saratoga Sunday morning in workouts preparing for Saturday’s $1-million race.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager