Gaviola made it five wins in a row with a clear-cut victory in Monday’s Lake Placid Handicap (gr. IIT) at Saratoga.
A 2-year-old filly died after severing an artery in a starting gate accident at Saratoga Race Course on Monday.
- By Tom LaMarra
The board of directors of the Association of Racing Commissioners International will meet in September to discuss a proposed revision of president Tony Chamblin’s contract, which apparently has become a bone of contention among the membership once again.
Harry Oppenheimer, former head of the world’s leading diamond and gold mining operations and South Africa’s best-known Thoroughbred breeder and owner, died Aug. 19 in Johannsburg. He was 91.
Blushing K. D., whose victory in the 1997 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) ensured a measure of fame for owners James and Sue Burns, died on Aug. 5 at Dr. Bruce Lyle’s clinic near Aubrey, Texas, two days after colic surgery.
We are pleased to announce the birth of bloodhorse.com. bloodhorse.com represents the fourth-generation Thoroughbred
racing and breeding web site published by The Blood-Horse, Inc. in nearly five years.
Todd Pletcher trainees Left Bank and More Than Ready worked four furlongs together at Saratoga Sunday morning as they continued to prepare for Saturday’s King’s Bishop Stakes (gr. I).
Likely Travers Stakes (gr. I) starters Albert the Great, Impeachment, and Milwaukee Brew were in action at Saratoga Sunday morning in workouts preparing for Saturday’s $1-million race.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence