Gaviola made it five wins in a row with a clear-cut victory in Monday’s Lake Placid Handicap (gr. IIT) at Saratoga.
A 2-year-old filly died after severing an artery in a starting gate accident at Saratoga Race Course on Monday.
- By Tom LaMarra
The board of directors of the Association of Racing Commissioners International will meet in September to discuss a proposed revision of president Tony Chamblin’s contract, which apparently has become a bone of contention among the membership once again.
Harry Oppenheimer, former head of the world’s leading diamond and gold mining operations and South Africa’s best-known Thoroughbred breeder and owner, died Aug. 19 in Johannsburg. He was 91.
Blushing K. D., whose victory in the 1997 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) ensured a measure of fame for owners James and Sue Burns, died on Aug. 5 at Dr. Bruce Lyle’s clinic near Aubrey, Texas, two days after colic surgery.
We are pleased to announce the birth of bloodhorse.com. bloodhorse.com represents the fourth-generation Thoroughbred
racing and breeding web site published by The Blood-Horse, Inc. in nearly five years.
Todd Pletcher trainees Left Bank and More Than Ready worked four furlongs together at Saratoga Sunday morning as they continued to prepare for Saturday’s King’s Bishop Stakes (gr. I).
Likely Travers Stakes (gr. I) starters Albert the Great, Impeachment, and Milwaukee Brew were in action at Saratoga Sunday morning in workouts preparing for Saturday’s $1-million race.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Forever Unbridled Heads Cast for Beldame
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic