The Indiana Horse Racing Commission denied an operating license to allow a second pari-mutuel racing facility in the Hoosier state.
New Jersey, home to Meadowlands, arguably has the best Standardbred racing and breeding program in the country, but that hasn’t stopped the chairman of the state racing commission from creating a task force that will review drug-testing, licensing, and integrity issues.
Major events on this date in horse racing history.
Zippy Chippy, the 9-year-old gelding who holds the record for futility with no wins from 86 career starts, will take on a minor-league baseball player in his next race.
For the second consecutive year, a Bertrando foal produced from the stakes-placed Skip Trial mare When topped the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association's yearling sale at Del Mar Racecourse.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping