The Indiana Horse Racing Commission denied an operating license to allow a second pari-mutuel racing facility in the Hoosier state.
New Jersey, home to Meadowlands, arguably has the best Standardbred racing and breeding program in the country, but that hasn’t stopped the chairman of the state racing commission from creating a task force that will review drug-testing, licensing, and integrity issues.
Major events on this date in horse racing history.
Zippy Chippy, the 9-year-old gelding who holds the record for futility with no wins from 86 career starts, will take on a minor-league baseball player in his next race.
For the second consecutive year, a Bertrando foal produced from the stakes-placed Skip Trial mare When topped the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association's yearling sale at Del Mar Racecourse.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Into Mischief Filly MHBA Yearling Show Champ