The Indiana Horse Racing Commission denied an operating license to allow a second pari-mutuel racing facility in the Hoosier state.
New Jersey, home to Meadowlands, arguably has the best Standardbred racing and breeding program in the country, but that hasn’t stopped the chairman of the state racing commission from creating a task force that will review drug-testing, licensing, and integrity issues.
Major events on this date in horse racing history.
Zippy Chippy, the 9-year-old gelding who holds the record for futility with no wins from 86 career starts, will take on a minor-league baseball player in his next race.
For the second consecutive year, a Bertrando foal produced from the stakes-placed Skip Trial mare When topped the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association's yearling sale at Del Mar Racecourse.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- 'Breaking' in a New Fan
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal