The Indiana Horse Racing Commission denied an operating license to allow a second pari-mutuel racing facility in the Hoosier state.
New Jersey, home to Meadowlands, arguably has the best Standardbred racing and breeding program in the country, but that hasn’t stopped the chairman of the state racing commission from creating a task force that will review drug-testing, licensing, and integrity issues.
Major events on this date in horse racing history.
Zippy Chippy, the 9-year-old gelding who holds the record for futility with no wins from 86 career starts, will take on a minor-league baseball player in his next race.
For the second consecutive year, a Bertrando foal produced from the stakes-placed Skip Trial mare When topped the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association's yearling sale at Del Mar Racecourse.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms
- Strong U.S. Contingent in Golden Shaheen
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale