The Indiana Horse Racing Commission denied an operating license to allow a second pari-mutuel racing facility in the Hoosier state.
New Jersey, home to Meadowlands, arguably has the best Standardbred racing and breeding program in the country, but that hasn’t stopped the chairman of the state racing commission from creating a task force that will review drug-testing, licensing, and integrity issues.
Major events on this date in horse racing history.
Zippy Chippy, the 9-year-old gelding who holds the record for futility with no wins from 86 career starts, will take on a minor-league baseball player in his next race.
For the second consecutive year, a Bertrando foal produced from the stakes-placed Skip Trial mare When topped the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association's yearling sale at Del Mar Racecourse.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start