Arlington International Racecourse asked the Illinois Racing Board to approve a June 1 start for its 109-day, 2001 racing season to put the area's premier track in a better position to bid for a future Breeders' Cup series.
Efforts to place a pro-casino constitutional amendment on the November general election ballot in Arkansas appears to be falling well short of the number of certified signatures needed, according to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
A synopsis of news and racing briefs.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- Flatter Colt Tops OBS Select Yearling Session
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- Southern CA Tracks, TOC Have Dates Agreement
- Gran Villano is 75th Scat Daddy Stakes Winner
- Six Stakes Fill NY Showcase Day
- Songbird a Perfect 10 After Easy Alabama Win