Arlington International Racecourse asked the Illinois Racing Board to approve a June 1 start for its 109-day, 2001 racing season to put the area's premier track in a better position to bid for a future Breeders' Cup series.
Efforts to place a pro-casino constitutional amendment on the November general election ballot in Arkansas appears to be falling well short of the number of certified signatures needed, according to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
A synopsis of news and racing briefs.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence