Arlington International Racecourse asked the Illinois Racing Board to approve a June 1 start for its 109-day, 2001 racing season to put the area's premier track in a better position to bid for a future Breeders' Cup series.
Efforts to place a pro-casino constitutional amendment on the November general election ballot in Arkansas appears to be falling well short of the number of certified signatures needed, according to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
A synopsis of news and racing briefs.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Lady Shipman Seeks Graded Win at Woodbine
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Infinite Wisdom in Wide-Open Oceanport