A field of 14 is entered for the $150,000 Bernard Baruch Handicap (gr. IIT), Friday's Saratoga feature, which is highlighted by the return to the races of Val's Prince.
Thoroughbred owner-breeder and successful businessman Robert McNair has been named to chair a new National Thoroughbred Racing Association “Task Force on Regulation.”
Churchill Downs reported Wednesday that net revenues increased 57% to $131.9 million and net earnings rose 34% to $18.3 million during the second quarter of fiscal year 2000.
Edward Evans' homebred 2-year-old filly Gold Mover remained undefeated from four career races after narrowly holding off maiden Seeking It All in the $108,200 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. II), the opening day feature Wednesday at Saratoga.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks
- Night Prowler Well-Spotted in Rich Penn Mile
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- 2-Year-Olds Prep for Barretts Del Mar Sale
- Ben's Cat Seeks Governor's Cup
- WGOH: Restoring, Not Expanding
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
Most Popular Profiles
Trainer: Todd A. Pletcher
Owner: Alto Racing, LLC
Jockey: Javier Castellano