A field of 14 is entered for the $150,000 Bernard Baruch Handicap (gr. IIT), Friday's Saratoga feature, which is highlighted by the return to the races of Val's Prince.
Thoroughbred owner-breeder and successful businessman Robert McNair has been named to chair a new National Thoroughbred Racing Association “Task Force on Regulation.”
Churchill Downs reported Wednesday that net revenues increased 57% to $131.9 million and net earnings rose 34% to $18.3 million during the second quarter of fiscal year 2000.
Edward Evans' homebred 2-year-old filly Gold Mover remained undefeated from four career races after narrowly holding off maiden Seeking It All in the $108,200 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. II), the opening day feature Wednesday at Saratoga.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
Most Popular Profiles
Trainer: Malcolm Pierce
Owner: Sam-Son Farm
Jockey: Eurico Rosa Da Silva
Trainer: Steven M. Asmussen
Owner: Stonestreet Stables, McCormick, Harold
Jockey: Calvin H. Borel
Trainer: Todd A. Pletcher
Owner: Dogwood Stable
Jockey: John R. Velazquez
Trainer: Art Sherman
Owner: Coburn, Steven and Martin, Perry
Jockey: Victor Espinoza
Trainer: William I. Mott
Owner: Juddmonte Farms, Inc.
Jockey: Joel Rosario
Trainer: Bob Baffert
Owner: Zayat Stables, LLC, Moreno, Mike and Moreno, Tiffany
Jockey: Mike E. Smith
Trainer: George Papaprodromou
Owner: KM Racing Enterprise, Inc.
Jockey: Kent J. Desormeaux