A new equine influenza vaccine may be available soon for veterinary use.
When you design stalls for your horses, one important consideration is whether you want to provide them with a chance to make contact with their neighbors.
Some interesting findings from a study involving horses with ostechondrosis dissecans (OCD) lesions were presented during the recent World Equine Veterinary Association meeting in France.
What is the scientific justification for the use of nasal strips on racehorses?
Fair Grounds has doubled its “Great Post Challenge” bonus—now awarding $1 million to any horse which wins both the grade II Louisiana Derby and the grade I Kentucky Derby in 2001.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has created a Racehorse Adoption Referral Program to help with Thoroughbred adoptions and retirements.
Agnes World, a Kentucky-bred son of Danzig, became the first Japanese-trained horse to win a group I race in Great Britain when he won Thursday's Darley July Cup at Newmarket, England.
Richter Scale will attempt to win his first Grade I race in his sixth attempt when he takes on six rivals in the $300,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Saturday at Laurel Park.
Hallowed Dreams, undefeated in 15 career starts, will attempt to tie the modern day national record for consecutive wins--held by Citation and Cigar--when she is opposed by four other 3-year-old fillies in the $40,000 Dixie Miss Stakes Saturday at Louisiana Downs.
Citation Ends Career On Winning Note
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again