Alex Solis, decked out in fine threads and swathed in the thrill of Dixie Union's dynamite return in the Malibu Stakes (gr. I), was standing next to a childhood dream. His Porsche 911, the 2001 model. Mint-condition, just days off the lot. It's sleek and stylish, sporting a black coat just a shade darker than Dixie Union himself--and just as fun to steer.
French-based First Gold posted a slight upset when he shipped into Britain Tuesday and took the 50th renewal of the Pertemps King George VI Chase on the Boxing Day program at Kempton Park.
Breeders' Cup Distaff champion Spain, trained by D. Wayne Lukas, will be the starting highweight at 123 pounds for Saturday's grade I La Brea Stakes at seven furlongs. Joining Spain in the starting gate will be the Bob Baffert-trained Chilukki, 1999 Juvenile champion filly and the undefeated Serenita, conditioned by Bobby Frankel.
Current regulations in Palm Beach County could threaten Magna Entertainment's plans for a large South Florida training center because of the inclusion of housing for up to 500 grooms, according to a report in the Palm Beach Post.
New York regulators, in a bit of a twist, suspended a jockey for 15 days for not using his whip in the stretch. In the past, the New York State Racing and Wagering Board has pushed hard to crack down on jockeys who go to the whip too often and too hard. In this case, the board said jockey John Davila failed to "use his best efforts" on Who'srunningtheshow in a July 28 race at Finger Lakes.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Bernardini Rules Fasig-Tipton Final Session
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now