I Believe In You, never letting previously unbeaten Jetin Excess out of her sights under a perfect ride by jockey Alex Solis, inched to the lead with a furlong to run and prevailed by a neck in a furious drive to the wire to win Sunday's $351,750 Hollywood Starlet at Hollywood Park. I Believe In You, who arrived in California from Kentucky three weeks ago, looked right at home while covering the 1 1/16 miles on a fast track in 1:43 2/5.
Racing and breeding news and information.
The New Zealand-bred and based mare Sunline stole the show in Hong Kong with a whisker's win in the HK$10 million Mile (HK-I) at Sha Tin. What made her win more impressive was her opponent, local favorite Fairy King Prawn, came on strong with a sixteenth of a mile remaining, but the big bay mare held on past the wire. In the other group races on the card, Fantastic Light won the featured International Cup, Falvelon took the Sprint, and Daliapour won the Vase.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- KHRC, Churchill Outline Testing, Security
- Familiar Four-Furlong Breeze for Weep No More
- Arlington, Illinois THA Ink Two-Year Contract
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset