I Believe In You, never letting previously unbeaten Jetin Excess out of her sights under a perfect ride by jockey Alex Solis, inched to the lead with a furlong to run and prevailed by a neck in a furious drive to the wire to win Sunday's $351,750 Hollywood Starlet at Hollywood Park. I Believe In You, who arrived in California from Kentucky three weeks ago, looked right at home while covering the 1 1/16 miles on a fast track in 1:43 2/5.
Racing and breeding news and information.
The New Zealand-bred and based mare Sunline stole the show in Hong Kong with a whisker's win in the HK$10 million Mile (HK-I) at Sha Tin. What made her win more impressive was her opponent, local favorite Fairy King Prawn, came on strong with a sixteenth of a mile remaining, but the big bay mare held on past the wire. In the other group races on the card, Fantastic Light won the featured International Cup, Falvelon took the Sprint, and Daliapour won the Vase.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate