Sam-Son Farms' homebred Canadian classic winner Scatter the Gold has been sold to a group of Japanese breeders, who plan to stand him at Shizunai Stallion Station in Japan.
By Larry Levin -- For whatever reason, some Thoroughbred owners like to talk about how in the dark they are.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- One of the most obvious shortcomings of the 2001 racing season promises to be the loss from the television broadcast schedule of a number of important Triple Crown prep races.
CIBC World Markets initiated coverage of Churchill Downs Inc. because of the company's growth potential. The investment bank also released an analysis of the racing industry.
Mark Feldman, Magna Entertainment's president and chief executive officer of 4 1/2 months, has resigned. MEC is consolidating its operations in Toronto and Feldman did not want to leave his home in California, the company has announced. Frank Stronach, MEC's founder and chairman, will serve as interim president and CEO.
Veteran equine practitioner Martin Zarnett died Dec. 8 of heart failure at his home near Hallandale, Fla.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Rainha De Bateria Heads Durante at Del Mar
- Blueskiesnrainbows Among 7 for Native Diver
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
Most Popular Profiles
Trainer: Jerry Hollendorfer
Owner: Jungle Racing LLC, KMN Racing LLC, Hollendorfer, Litt, Solis II and Todaro
Jockey: Mike E. Smith
Trainer: Claude R. McGaughey III
Owner: Lane's End Racing and Dell Ridge Farm LLC
Jockey: Javier Castellano
Trainer: Steven M. Asmussen
Owner: Winchell Thoroughbreds LLC
Jockey: Rosie Napravnik