On the anniversary of breaking Bill Shoemaker's all time record of 8,833 wins, Laffit Pincay Jr. won on his only mount of the day, a three-length triumph aboard Men's Exclusive in the $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood Stakes (gr. III), Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Breeders' Cup Sprint winner Kona Gold breezed five furlongs in 1:05 Sunday at Santa Anita. Also working Sunday were Hawksley Hill, Full Moon Madness, and Manndar.
Monday at Fair Grounds
Millennium Wind, a half-brother of Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner Charismatic, will likely face Breeders Cup Juvenile (gr. I) runner-up Point Given in the $200,000 Hollywood Futurity (gr. I), Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Juddmonte Farms' Honest Lady finished second in the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) in November in her her final start and, according to a Hollywood Park press release, Juddmonte's Dr. John Chandler said the 4-year-old filly will be bred to leading-sire Storm Cat in the upcoming breeding season.
Platinum Tiara's month-long break at Early Morning Farm in Ocala, Fl. ended Thursday, when the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) runner-up returned to trainer Joe Waunsch's barn at Calder Race Course.
Vodafone Coronation Cup (Eng-I) winner Daliapour has been sold to Hong Kong-based Robert Ng, and the 4-year-old will race in the colors of his new owner in the Honk Kong International Vase on Sunday, Dec. 17, Sporting Life reports.
John R. Gaines, the man who created the Breeders' Cup and also was behind the start-up of the National Thoroughbred Association, which many believe was the impetus for the formation of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, delivered some pointed words to Magna Entertainment chairman Frank Stronach and the NTRA while accepting an award from the University of Arizona during its Racetrack Industry Program's Symposium on Racing last Thursday.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky