Lightning Paces lit up the board with an upset victory in the Virginia Derby at Colonial Downs.
By Steve Haskin -- If it weren't for the heroics of Bob Baffert-trained 2-year-olds Flame Thrower, Arabian Light, and Notable Career, the first of the two big Breeders' Cup prep weekends would have been a lot more fizzle than sizzle.
continued from part 1
Racing and breeding news and information.
- By Tom Precious
A state and federal investigation into money laundering and other possible illegal activities at New York Racing Association tracks is looking into the role of at least one well-known New York crime family at Aqueduct, Belmont Park, and Saratoga.
Pennsylvania breeder-owner Elizabeth Moran privately purchased millionaire Excellent Meeting from John and Betty Mabee and announced that the 4-year-old Seattle Slew granddaughter would be bred to leading sire Storm Cat in 2001.
From the West Coast to the East Coast, Frank Stronach is looking to increase his Magna Entertainment holdings.
The American Association of Equine Practitioners has adopted a new policy regarding therapeutic medication in racehorses that, among other things, calls for a ban on all race day medications other than the diuretic furosemide used to treat internal bleeding.
Trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. said he turned in his license to the New York State Racing and Wagering Board because he had tested positive for marijuana.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Revolutionary Equine Waste Recycling System
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31