Crowd Pleaser put away Royal Strand in mid-stretch and then held off Dixie's Crown for a nose victory in the $74,675 Sycamore Stakes at Keeneland on Sunday. Crowd Pleaser covered 1 5/8 miles on a yielding turf course in 2:44.
Thunderhead Farms' Lady Gin trimmed over two seconds off the previous Hawthorne Race Course track record for about five furlongs on the turf Sunday, winning the $44,000 Wooden Star Stakes in :56.19 over firm turf. The previous track record of :58 4/5 was shared by three horses.
Jockey Laffit Pincay Jr. moved a victory closer to career win 9,000 Sunday, earning victory 8,995 aboard Free Companion in the third race at Oak Tree at Santa Anita.
Volponi earned his first career win Sunday at Belmont Park, upsetting formerly undefeated 4-5 favorite Baptize in the $113,300 Pilgrim Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Robert Spiegel's homebred Ruff rallied from the back of the field of eight 2-year-old fillies to win the $111,300 Miss Grillo Stakes (gr. IIIT) by three lengths Sunday at Belmont Park.
Wednesday at Keeneland
Aaron Jones' Forest Camp, who finished fourth in the Forest Hills Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park when last out, will not run in the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), according to trainer Eduardo Inda.
Lu Ravi and Super Quercus worked at Churchill Downs on Sunday in preparation for their respective Breeders' Cup races. On Saturday at Churchill, Caller One, Dollar Bill, and Thunder Bertie were on the track for morning works.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial