Sunday at Keeneland
Designed for Luck rebounded from a 20-length defeat in the Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) to win the $100,000 Ascot Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Bay Meadows. Designed for Luck, the 3-2 favorite, closed from fifth-place to win by a length at the wire over Tender Offer. The 3-year-old gelded son of Rahy completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:43.85 over firm turf.
Relatively Stable's Sign of Hope came off the rail in the stretch and rallied to catch pacesetter David Copperfield three jumps from the wire to win the $250,000 Oak Tree Derby (gr. IIT) Saturday at Oak Tree at Santa Anita. Under a well-timed ride from Alex Solis, Sign of Hope completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:47.71 over firm turf.
Good Game rated just off the pace set alternately by Nanie's Dinner and Trip before edging clear in the stretch to win the $114,800 Valley View Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths Saturday at Keeneland.
Diatribe skimmed the rail through the stretch under jockey Jim Cassidy to win the Caulfield Cup (Aus-I) Saturday at Caulfield Racecourse in Melbourne, Australia. Diatribe stopped the timer in a new track record of 2:25.32 for the 1 1/2 miles and finished a length in front of Kaapstad Way.
Saeed Suhail's Dilshaan rallied from the back of the 10-horse field to earn his first career victory in the Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I), winning by 2 1/2 lengths Saturday at Doncaster, England. Under jockey Johnny Murtagh, Dilshaan completed the mile in 1:45.87 over soft turf.
Grade I winner Siberian Summer will stand the 2001 breeding season at Rick Taylor's Special T Thoroughbreds near Temecula, Calif.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator