Have you ever wondered what the most common clinical signs of respiratory diseases in American horses might be? Or whether your horse's age, or simply the time of year, could make him more likely to contract an infectious respiratory pathogen? The answers you're looking for might finally be here. The first two years of results are in from an ongoi...
Does a horse respond differently to "his person" as opposed to a stranger? The results of a recent French study indicate that horses use auditory and visual information to recognize specific people, and that they expect certain behaviors from those people based on previous experience.
In the event of an equine viral arteritis (EVA) outbreak, is it safe to vaccinate your pregnant mare so she develops the immunity she needs to prevent infection and resulting abortion? The results of a recent collaborative study completed by researchers at the University of Kentucky and Oklahoma State University indicate that the answer in most cases is yes.
An increase in a human's heart rate affects the heart rate of the horse they are leading or riding, researchers at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences recently reported.
Linda Keeling, PhD, and colleagues tested horses and riders to see if humans inadvertently communicate fear and anxiety to horses. Using heart rate as a fear indicator, t...
The American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine has released its consensus statement on equine herpesvirus-1 (EHV-1). According to the authors, a perceived increase in the occurrence of equine herpesvirus myeloencephalopathy (the neurologic form of E...
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer