Multiple pregnancies are an increasing problem in breeding management. They are usually multizygotic (originating from several ova, i.e., the result of multiple ovulations, thus giving nonidentical offspring). Monozygotic twins (originating from a single fertilized ovum th...
Infertility is a major problem in some broodmares. A large incidence of infertility is seen in valuable, intensively bred mares such as racehorses and performance mares, and significant amounts of money and time are devoted to dealing with the problem.
There are many causes of infertility, but endometritis (inflammation of the endometrial lining of t...
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- Tampa Bay Releases 2014-15 Stakes Schedule