Multiple pregnancies are an increasing problem in breeding management. They are usually multizygotic (originating from several ova, i.e., the result of multiple ovulations, thus giving nonidentical offspring). Monozygotic twins (originating from a single fertilized ovum th...
Infertility is a major problem in some broodmares. A large incidence of infertility is seen in valuable, intensively bred mares such as racehorses and performance mares, and significant amounts of money and time are devoted to dealing with the problem.
There are many causes of infertility, but endometritis (inflammation of the endometrial lining of t...
Most Popular Stories
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Tracks Across Country Mark PDJF Day
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Jockey Russell Back in Action at Laurel Park
- Retired Trainer Dutton Dies at 87