Multiple pregnancies are an increasing problem in breeding management. They are usually multizygotic (originating from several ova, i.e., the result of multiple ovulations, thus giving nonidentical offspring). Monozygotic twins (originating from a single fertilized ovum th...
Infertility is a major problem in some broodmares. A large incidence of infertility is seen in valuable, intensively bred mares such as racehorses and performance mares, and significant amounts of money and time are devoted to dealing with the problem.
There are many causes of infertility, but endometritis (inflammation of the endometrial lining of t...
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Hard Not to Like Seeking CA Score in Gamely
- Summer Hit Aimed for All American Three-Peat