Gunnevera did not exactly burst onto the scene when he dismantled nine other Fountain of Youth (G2) rivals March 4 at Gulfstream Park.
In the same way that the native of Cork, Ireland, deliberately and thoughtfully chooses his words, he has methodically and masterfully stepped up his barn's game to compete at the top level.
Stonestreet Farm's homebred Breeders' Cup runner-up Valadorna takes on Coffeepot Stables' homebred Golden Rod Stakes (G2) romper Farrell in the 1 1/16-mile test.
Firmly landing himself prominently on the charts as a serious contender for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1), the $200,000 Keeneland September 2015 purchase now looks to make a hit out of his sophomore debut, the Risen Star (G2).
Neil Howard and Wayne Catalano both have promising sophomores on the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks trail.
Trainer Lacey Gaudet has a lot to live up to as the daughter of a renowned Mid-Atlantic trainer Ed Gaudet and respected Maryland horsewoman Linda Gaudet, but the sister to racing analyst Gabby Gaudet is taking it all in stride.
Finley'sluckycharm shipped the morning of Dec. 20 to California to attempt to prove she is the top 3-year-old sprinting filly in the nation in the Dec. 26 La Brea Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Trainer Chris Davis earned his first career win Nov. 27 with Uncork the York at Fair Grounds.
Stall has put on a clinic during the first two weeks of the Crescent City oval's 145th racing season.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Itsinthepost Breaks Through in San Luis Rey