Temple Grandin, PhD, was the featured speaker at the Louisiana State University (LSU) School of Veterinary Medicine (SVM) on Jan. 26 when she gave her presentation entitled, "Animals and Autism." She discussed proper handling of large animals, including horses, and how her autism helps her understand how animals think. (Listen to Grandin's p...
The Louisiana State University (LSU) School of Veterinary Medicine has received a grant from the American Veterinary Medical Foundation (AVMF) for $20,000 in support of a State/Regional Disaster Management Training Program. The $20,000 from the AVMF is matched with in-kind gifts for a total value of $63,200. This program will provide emergency response tr...
The Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine’s Equine Medication Surveillance Laboratory (EMSL) has received a three-year extension of its contract with the Louisiana State Racing Commission to provide drug testing of racehorses in the State.
Veterinarians from Louisiana State University (LSU) responded to an emergency call the evening of May 30 after learning that two horses were trapped in an overturned horse trailer as a result of a single vehicle accident.
LSU veterinarians, including Drs. Mustajab Mirza, Petrisor Baia, and Amy Cangelosi, attended to the two Thoroughbred geldings. ...
With the hurricane season upon us, it is important for horse owners to ready themselves in advance for evacuation and other recommended tasks related to hurricane preparedness. Here are some tips from the Louisiana State Animal Response Team (LSART) and the Equine Health Studies Program at the LSU School of Veterinary Medicine for effectively preparing...
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- Belmont Stakes News Update for June 2
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- Florida Governor Signs Medication Reform Bill
- NTRA Announces NHC Dates, Updated Rules