The Commonwealth of Kentucky is a largely agricultural state. It's the "Horse Capital of the World", the largest beef producing state east of the Mississippi River, a significant poultry producer poultry, and much of the fruits and vegetables that Kentuckians consume are grown in-state. This pride and ownership in creating quality agricultur...
We've all been there. A truck that isn't quite large enough to haul that heavily loaded bumper pull gets pushed around when the horses bicker over the hay bag. The old trailer doesn't have any brakes or tail lights, but it's only a few miles down the road. Your brakes lock, but it's only on one wheel and you're a good driver, so wh...
Biosecurity is a big word that many livestock owners don't fully understand. Let's break it down: Bio means life; biology is the study of life; and biosecurity is a term that literally means securing life. In the agricultural context we often hear government officials talk about biosecurity with the U.S. food supply (i.e., protecting U.S. citizens...
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Slideshow: 2015 Kentucky Derby Day
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks
- Zayat Compliments Churchill on Treatment
- El Kabeir Scratched From Kentucky Derby
- Finnegans Wake Flies Home, Takes Turf Classic
- CDI Reports Record $194.3M in Derby Day Bets
- Tonalist Surges to Win Westchester Stakes
- Private Zone Delivers in Churchill Downs