The 19th renewal of the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) March 29 comes with a noticeable absence: There is no United States-based runner in the race previously won by American-trained horses nine times in 18 editions.
In the absence of an American runner in the March 29 Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), U.S. racing fans can certainly unite behind Ron the Greek in the world's richest horse race.
The Coolmore stallion has already posted some astonishing figures but he will have few weekends like the one he enjoyed on the biggest stage in Europe.
Most Popular Stories
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Oaklawn Posts Double-Digit Handle Gains
- A Case for Full Siblings
- NYRA Donating Trees for Anna House Fundraiser
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Lane's End to Sponsor Queen Elizabeth Cup