The 19th renewal of the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) March 29 comes with a noticeable absence: There is no United States-based runner in the race previously won by American-trained horses nine times in 18 editions.
In the absence of an American runner in the March 29 Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), U.S. racing fans can certainly unite behind Ron the Greek in the world's richest horse race.
The Coolmore stallion has already posted some astonishing figures but he will have few weekends like the one he enjoyed on the biggest stage in Europe.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16