The California Horse Racing Board approved a plan allowing jockeys and horses to ride with advertising on their silks and saddlecloths.
The parents of deceased jockey J.C. Gonzalez filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court that seeks unspecified damages to be paid by a trainer and several veterinarians whom they believe are responsible for their son's death.
As an Aug. 31 deadline for legislative action neared, proponents of account wagering in California were busy trying to hammer out a compromise with union officials. Account wagering and the unionization of backstretch employees are linked through two separate pieces of legislation.
Opposition to a bill that would unionize backstretch workers in California is growing as it makes its way through the state Senate.
Most Popular Stories
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington