The California Horse Racing Board approved a plan allowing jockeys and horses to ride with advertising on their silks and saddlecloths.
The parents of deceased jockey J.C. Gonzalez filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court that seeks unspecified damages to be paid by a trainer and several veterinarians whom they believe are responsible for their son's death.
As an Aug. 31 deadline for legislative action neared, proponents of account wagering in California were busy trying to hammer out a compromise with union officials. Account wagering and the unionization of backstretch employees are linked through two separate pieces of legislation.
Opposition to a bill that would unionize backstretch workers in California is growing as it makes its way through the state Senate.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- La Cressonniere to Miss Arc After Setback
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis