Godolphin Racing's Essence of Dubai, ninth in the Kentucky Derby, breezed five furlongs in 1:01 over the main track with exercise rider Lee Roebuck aboard."The clockers caught him galloping out six furlongs in 1:13 and change," assistant trainer Tom Albertrani said. "I wanted him to do a little bit more than he had in his last couple of works. It was a nice move."The son of Pulpit won two races in Dubai earlier in the year, but faltered in his first American start of 2002, the Kentucky Derby."He came out of the Derby well and he's been acting great since," Albertrani said. "He looks fit and well and continues to train well. We're very happy with him right now. He'll have one more work next week."
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay