Valenzuela also won the first race aboard Politarium ($5.20), the fourth on Karsavina ($3.40), and the sixth on Here Me Out ($16.20).
The 39-year-old jockey resumed riding in December after a 22-month suspension for substance abuse. He leads the Hollywood Park jockey standings with 26 winners. He's won six stakes races since returning, including the San Luis Rey Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita and this past weekend's Railbird Stakes (gr. III).The suspension was just the latest in a series of drug-related incidents involving Valenzuela. His current one-year conditional license is contingent on his passing random drug tests and continuing to participate in substance abuse programs provided by the Winner's Foundation, a Southern California organization designed to help racetrack employees deal with addiction problems.
Most Popular Stories
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick
- Trainer Chuck Treece Collects 1,000th Win
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog