Valenzuela also won the first race aboard Politarium ($5.20), the fourth on Karsavina ($3.40), and the sixth on Here Me Out ($16.20).
The 39-year-old jockey resumed riding in December after a 22-month suspension for substance abuse. He leads the Hollywood Park jockey standings with 26 winners. He's won six stakes races since returning, including the San Luis Rey Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita and this past weekend's Railbird Stakes (gr. III).The suspension was just the latest in a series of drug-related incidents involving Valenzuela. His current one-year conditional license is contingent on his passing random drug tests and continuing to participate in substance abuse programs provided by the Winner's Foundation, a Southern California organization designed to help racetrack employees deal with addiction problems.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet