Twenty-two juveniles, 12 fillies, 9 colts and 1 gelding, each worked :10 3/5 in the two under tack shows for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training. Two fillies each worked a quarter in 21.3, and a colt and a filly each worked 3 furlongs in 34.0 to round out the fastest of the works. Forest Wildcat and End Sweep sired the 2 fillies with the fastest quarter works. I'll Be The One, hip 20, is a chestnut filly by Forest Wildcat out of Coast Along by Coastal. She is consigned by James Layden. Hip 261 is an unnamed chestnut daughter of End Sweep - Personal Line (Valid Apeal). She is a half to stakes winner and graded stakes placed Ivy's Jewel (Rizzi), winner of $221,810. The fastest 3 furlong works belonged to Soup Time, a chestnut colt (Alphabet Soup - Sin for Me, by Time for a Change) being offered by Eisaman Equine, and Carson's Girl, a chestnut filly (Carson City - Ascent, by Capote) consigned by Solitary Oak. The auction will be held Monday and Tuesday, May 20-21, at the Maryland State Fairgrounds near Timonium, Md.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Wildcat Red Stretches Speed Toward Classics
- KEEP Opposes Open-Ended Gambling Measure
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome