Saturday's telecast will feature NBC's Triple Crown broadcast lineup: host Tom Hammond, analysts Mike Battaglia and Bob Neumeier, and commentator Charlsie Cantey. Hammond, Battaglia, and Cantey will report from Keeneland, with Neumeier at Aqueduct to give an update of the Wood Memorial and talk about the Derby's top East Coast contenders. The show's final half-hour, previewing the leading contenders from around the country, will take place before a live audience in the Keeneland sale pavilion, where Hammond, Battaglia, and Cantey, joined by Neumeier from New York, will focus on the 20 horses they rate as most likely to go to post at the Derby on May 4."NTRA's Road to the Kentucky Derby" culminates two and one-half hours of two-network live racing coverage that begins at 3:30 p.m. with a one-hour telecast of "CITGO Racing to the Kentucky Derby" on ESPN. The ESPN program will present live coverage of the Wood Memorial.
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Chasing Landaluce
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points