Pedroza, a 36-year-old native of Panama City, Panama, won the first race aboard Solar Bee, who paid $9; the second on J Vivenda, who paid $5.80; the third aboard Tara Nina, who paid $14.60, and the fourth aboard Big Bad Juan, who paid $8.40.Pedroza will leave for Dubai Thursday to ride Men's Exclusive in the $2 million Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) on Saturday."I looked at my mounts today and I liked them, so that's why I stayed and didn't leave Monday for Dubai, because we had some good horses," Pedroza said. "But sometimes you can have good horses and they don't run like they're supposed to. Today they did. That's luck. Sometimes you can have the horses and they don't run like you want them to."Silverstein agreed with Pedroza's assesment of his Wednesday mounts.."I told him he was on a bunch of live horses and to ride them like he owned them," Silverstein said. "The last (big) day everybody remembers was when everybody (other major jockeys) was out of town (Oct. 31, 1992, for the Breeders' Cup races at Churchill Downs). We won six in a row and it was only a seven-race card that day. We've had a couple four-baggers since then. It's been a long time. It's hard to get four mounts in a day, let alone win four races in a row.""I just figured they had chances," Carava said. "None of them were standouts but they had chances and if we got lucky we could have a good day."
Morning Wine just missed giving Pedroza five wins, finishing a nose behind Big Shakespeare in the sixth race.Also Wednesday, a pick-six carryover from Sunday's card resulted in a pool totaling $1,224,519 and a winning payout of $35,095.80.
Most Popular Stories
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability