Jockeys Jose Espinoza and Lorenzo Lezcano were each fined $250 for their roles in a jocks' room disturbance on Thursday at Aqueduct. The trouble began on the track when Lezcano's third race mount, Borntoberegal, impeded Espinoza and Painted Pistol near the wire. Back in the jocks' room, the riders exchanged words and Lezcano eventually slugged Espinoza, injuring his eye.Espinoza was off his mounts after the scuffle, and donned sunglasses for his meeting with the stewards Friday morning. He then left immediately, unable to ride once again.In other developments around the Aqueduct jocks' room:-Richard Migliore took off his late mounts Friday complaining of a sore throat.-Jose Velez Jr is leaving New York to join the Gulfstream meeting. Before arriving in Florida, he is booked to Dubai for participation in the Dubai World Cup card next weekend. Velez plans to ride at Monmouth Park this summer.-Travis Dunkelberger has parted ways with agent Frank Sanabria, and is now represented by William Kennedy.-Injured apprentice Victor Carrero is targeting April 10 for a return to the saddle. Carrero broke his ankle in a starting gate mishap during the Belmont Fall meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures